Apple has reached the zenith of popularity and mass market proliferation with its iPhone device, which is used by millions of people around the world. What sets this device apart is great performance, elegant look and feel, and a large repository of iPhone apps. Professionals worldwide actively engage in iPhone app development, and there are scores of iPhone app development companies which are designing and developing either their own iPhone applications or creating custom applications for third parties, businesses and individuals.
For those who want to start off with iPhone app development, a certain amount of prior knowledge of programming, design, layouts and software – operating system interaction is necessary. These might take years of effort and a large amount of practice to master. However resourceful developers can create applications for the iPhone using a number of app development tools available in the market, even without expert knowledge about programming and designing. These tools save time and make it a lot easier to create iPhone apps from scratch.
1. Sweb Apps – A great tool for skeletal and rudimentary iPhone app development, Sweb apps is an online service which allows users to create basic iPhone apps, even without the knowledge of coding and programming languages. The service provides users with a repository of designs, templates and images which they can use to design their own application. It was created with the needs of small businesses in mind, and presents an easy, affordable solution for small businesses with limited budget.
The application is hosted remotely in the Sweb app server for a monthly fee, which are meager in comparison to a hugely expensive full-on app development process. Also this gives a hands-on experience to a first time developer (similar to the first ‘Hello World’ computer programme many of us might have coded as our first project!) Till date, a number of individuals and small businesses have derived valuable benefit out of this powerful iPhone app development tool.
2. App Incubator – The perfect iPhone app for creative thinkers, App Incubator is an idea submission service. Many users have great innovative ideas for iPhone applications, but cannot develop these applications themselves due to either lack of coding knowledge or a shortage of funds and infrastructure. In such cases, users can submit their unique idea through this application for further consideration. Users can also create an account and use the integrated storyboard to further develop various nuances of their app. Once the application is developed and released through the iTunes store, the creative thinker behind the idea gets paid a portion of the total revenue generated by it.
3. App Breeder – Another iPhone app development service like Sweb, the App Breeder tool has a different take on things. Instead of asking the users to make broad category based choices, this service offers them a large number of preset application kits to choose from. These kits encompass a number of different areas of interest, and include layouts, designs, themes, widgets, buttons, icons and behavioral elements that the user can pick and choose from, and implement in their application. For a nominal price, users can design and develop their custom iPhone apps and also make it available for download in the iTunes store.
4. My App Builder – This is an on-line application builder specifically geared towards promoting and selling digital content. Whether it is text based content like books or audio and video content, this service makes it very easy for users to transform the content into an iPhone app for easy mass access, promotion and selling. It can also be used to design apps created from social network feeds or personal blogs. The company charges a modest monthly fee and uses your content to create the custom application as per your specifications. The application is then sent back for user review and rating, and is then published in the iTunes Store.
5. Game Salad – A useful and fun iPhone app development service, Game Salad offers a down loadable tool which allows users to design and create iPhone game applications without the need for advanced knowledge of scripting. The tool provides an easy to follow visual interface in which users can place and edit game elements, and choose from a vast array of properties and interactions to design the game as per their requirement.