Enable gpedit.msc / Download Group Policy Editor for Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64-Bit
Group Policy Editor comes up installed only with Windows 7 Professional ,Enterprise and Ultimate editions and not for other editions.
So Codemink provides you with a trustable and fully-assured way of downloading and adding the Group Policy Editor to Windows 7 editions that don’t have it like Starter Edition , Home and Home Premium .
Firstly click on the download link below to download the zipped file .
- After downloading the ZIP file, extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip .
- Run the extracted setup.exe file . It will install the files through which you will be able to access gpedit.msc command via RUN or by pressing the Windows button and typing gpedit.msc . It will open the Group policy Editor .
- For Windows 7 64-bit(x64) users :
Now you need to go to C drive and navigate : Windows >SysWOW64 folder . Copy “GroupPolicy ” , “GroupPolicyUsers ” folders and gpedit.msc file from there and paste them in “C:\Windows\System32” folder .
- Further , if you get “MMC could not create the snap-in” error message while running gpedit.msc , perform the following steps to fix the problem . it happens only when username in Windows contains more than one word.
- Run the installer and leave it at the last step . Do not click on the ‘Finish’ button .
- Go to C:\Windows \Temp\gpedit folder
- If you are using 32-bit(x86) edition of Windows 7 , right-click on x86.bat file and choose “Open With >Notepad” option . If you are using 64-bit(x64) edition of Windows 7, right-click on x64.bat file and choose “Open With>Notepad” option .
- You will find a total of 6 lines containing the following string in the file :
- Edit those 6 lines and replace %username%:f with “%username%”:f
- Save and run the file ( right-click > Run as administrator ) .
- That’s all. Now gpedit.msc is perfectly ready to run .
Over to you
If you find any problem during installation, do let us know through our comment section .
Tags :Download Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) for Windows 7 Home Premium,enable gpedit.msc for windows 7 home premium,gpedit.msc,download gpedit.msc for Windows 7 Home Premium,download group policy editor, Download Group Policy Editor for Windows 7 Home Premium