For all the Owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, here is a very interesting guide that will explain step by step, how to upgrade your Android tablet version of Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (XXCMH1). Unfortunately, Samsung has not yet officially updated the 3G Galaxy Note 8 to this version of Android , and those who have bought this product are forced to still remain with version 4.1.2.
Complete Guide to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N5100 3G 8 to Android Jelly Bean
The upgrade to version 4.2.2 of Android 8.0 for the Galaxy Note 3G does not introduce many new features, but it is mainly to improve the performance and the speed of the operating system. That is why it is important to upgrade to the 4.2.2 version of Android Jelly Bean XXCMH1.
The update is absolutely official, except that, instead of being automatically installed from your device over the air, it will be installed manually by you. Updating your tablet Galaxy Note 8.0 to the version of Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (XXCMH1), do not miss any important information you have : after installing the firmware, all of your data and your settings are still in place.
To install this update, we have to use the program Odin, which can be downloaded completely free of charge that will automatically upgrade to Android 4.2.2 for your Galaxy Note 8.0 3G . The update will take about ten minutes of time, after which you can go back to using your tablet normally and quietly.
The guide is very simple and the firmware upgrade process is almost completely automatic, but, of course, you assume all risks and responsibilities of the case.
That said, let us see how to upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Note N5100 3G 8 to Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (XXCMH1).
The following guide will not void the warranty of your tablet, since it is an official update from Samsung. Finally I point out that, if you have ROOT or unlocked bootloader, installing this firmware, the root will be lost and the bootloader will be locked again.
Before proceeding, one trick: make sure that the USB Debugging mode is enabled on your tablet. To do this, go to:
Settings> Developer options> USB Debugging. If there is a check, put it to activate, otherwise you will not be able to install the firmware.
Also make sure that your tablet is at least 80% charged before doing the upgrade.
Now we can start with the guide.
How to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N5100 3G 8 to Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (XXCMH1)
To install the firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0, we use the Odin.
This procedure is universal and applies to any Samsung product. A part of the firmware, which obviously changes depending on the device for which you are holding, the steps to follow to use Odin are always the same.
- Download the latest firmware from HERE
- Now, you need to extract the firmware on your desktop
- Check that the driver of Note 8.0 are installed on your PC. If not installed, download the program, Samsung KIES to install the drivers
- Open Odin
- Launch the Galaxy Note 8.0 in DOWNLOAD MODE> turn it off and turn it on by pressing the Power, Volume Down and Home Button
- Connect your note to your PC with the USB cable with Odin already started
- Wait until the tablet is properly detected by Odin (on the left you should see that the rectangle called the ID: COM should become yellow or blue. If it turns yellow or blue, it means that the note is missing drivers on your PC)
- If your device is detected correctly, select the firmware you just downloaded (XXCMH1)
- Click Start and wait until the process ends automatically
- You will confirm that the firmware is installed, when the message PASS in Odin and the rectangle ID: COM will turn green
- Now you can unplug the USB cable and restart the tablet Note 8.0
- Finish. Enjoy Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Note 8.0 3G.
Now we just have to wait for the release of Android 4.3 and Android 4.4 tablet for this and all other Samsung products.